Updated: Mar 18, 2020
1. Getting more organised! Everyone knows they should be more organised, but things like planning a weekly Menu for the family & spending time meal prepping at the start of the week will set you up for a great week ahead. It will prevent you from making bad choices when you’re busy and rushed as your food will be ready to go when needed. Another tip is to make extra batches to put in the freezer for those busier day/nights when you just don’t have time to cook.
2. Scheduling your workouts at the start of the week. If you have a calendar or diary pop your workouts in around your apts, school activities, work etc. It’s much better than saying I’ll try and go 3 times this week and then things come up and you don’t make it. Treat it as any other apt you have that you shouldn’t miss it.
3. Get active with your kids. Play cricket, soccer, footy with them, go to the park, ride your bikes, take them for a walk or go for a run with them in the pram or on their bikes. We send our Mums home workouts that you can do when the kids are sleeping, having some quiet time or if they’re like mine, and like to join in and copy you, that’s great too. It’s great to instil healthy habits into young children to set them up with great tools for adulthood.
4. Good Nutrition and adequate water intake. Making sure you eat a well balanced diet to suit your needs, likes and lifestyle. There is no one size fits all with nutrition, you’ve really got to find what works for you and your family. You don’t need to be on a new fad diet every month to get results or be healthy. The key is cutting down on highly processed foods and focus more on eating fresh foods as nature intended. 2-3 Litres of filtered water per day. Don’t underestimate the power of Hydration. For our body to function at its best we must be well hydrated. Keep a bottle of water with you at all times.
5. Don’t strive for perfection, strive for progress.. No one is perfect and there isn’t always the perfect day, time, place for things. You just need to do the best you can with your situation. You will slip up every now and then and that’s ok, that’s life. We encourage our Mums to make small daily changes that become a part of your daily routine, so that you are creating new healthy habits.
6. Consistency is the key to a life of health, happiness & wellness. It’s what you do most day that count, not what you do sometimes.. Being active all Year round is the key to keeping in shape. You may get to 5 sessions one week and 2 the next but as long as you are consistently working out all Year round, you will keep fit & healthy.
7. Don’t be so hard on yourself. You are doing the best job you can. Motherhood is a juggling act and there is no book on what’s right and wrong or when to do things. Spending some time away from your kids and doing something for yourself is healthy and in return makes you a happier Mum when you get to recharge your batteries too.
8. Find a support network. If your friends and family aren’t your biggest fans then find a community that will help you every step of the way. We encourage our Gunn Mum community to support each other during our group fitness sessions and in our exclusive private Facebook group. Making new friendships with those doing the same thing, will keep you inspired and motivated.
9. Never give up! It’s as simple as that. Quitting isn’t an option when we’re Mums, so neither should it be when it comes to our health, fitness and wellbeing. If you fall off the wagon, you get straight back on.. Its an ongoing journey but you can do it.
10. Have fun!! If you’re not enjoying it then don’t do it. Try something else. If you don’t like what you’re eating, don’t eat it. Life is really meant to be enjoyed and being healthy and fit should just be another part of enjoyment. If it’s not, then you must find a way to enjoy being healthy and fit. If you don’t like Zumba, don’t do it, if you don’t like meat, don’t eat it. If you love running then find time to make it a priority because it’s something you enjoy. If you like group classes then book into a class. I hope my top 10 tips can help you start 2020 with a bang and if you need some motivation and direction to achieve your goals be sure to contact Mel at:
email@example.com Let’s do this Mummas 🙌🏽